Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

First Workout

So I went to the gym last night for the first time! I walked on the treadmill for ten minutes then did the elyptical for ten minutes, then walked again for ten minutes. The elyptical really did a job on me! Wow that thing is tough. But I felt good after and I even made eyes at a cute boy lifting weights! I am going to go again tonight and maybe add the bike in the mix somewhere.

I've decided that I really need to stay busy. The last couple of days have been so hectic for me that I've only watched like 40 minutes of TV all week. Which is so odd for me and anyone who knows me will be surprised. But thats the way I like it. I have all these things I've always wanted to do and I just have never done them. Well, now is the time!

I had kind of been freaking out about my life recently because I felt like I was getting stuck in a rut. I would go to work everyday, come home, get on my computer, eat dinner, watch tv, go to bed. I felt stuck because of where I lived. I felt like I couldn't grow and become a different person if I was living in the same town I grew up in and seeing the same people I went to high school with. Well as shocking as this is, thats just not true!

I had the thought last night as I was driving to the gym that I was finally taking control of my life. Well I didn't really like that idea because I've always wanted Heavenly Father to have control of my life. But then I realized that both can be true! By making the choices Heavenly Father wants me to make I am giving myself freedom to make more choices. Whereas if I let myself do what Satan wants me to do then I am constricting myself and letting him have control over me. Heavenly Father cannot control my life (He gave us agency and cannot take that away)-but I can choose to do the things I know He wants me to do. I can live my life in a way that shows Him that I am trustworthy and will do the things He asks me to do. I want to prove to Him that if He gives me a responsibility I will take it seriously, that if He gives me a blessing I will share it, that if He gives me a talent I will use it.

All of this is of course an uphill battle and Satan will be fighting me the whole way. But I've got a lot of goodness and strength on my side and can do anything.

So here's my closing thought for tonight,

"Today is Tomorrow's Yesterday"

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! What a great reminder for me that we can not just & be acted upon. It is up to us. D&C 58:27, 2 nephi 2:13-14, 26! I love this.
    I love your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete