Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2011

Wow

Wow... so I am readying the book that Jaycee Dugard wrote about her 18 years in captivity where she was the prisoner of a pedophile with whome she had two children. Sounds like a really chipper book right? Well its not, BUT a little over halfway through the book she nears the end of her captivity and her reunification with her mother is amazin (of course) but what I found really interesting was her diary that she put in the book that she had written while still in captivity. She was and still an amazingly positive person. She was living under the tyranny of the man who had sexually molested her and yet she says she is luckier than most. She actually writes that in her diary!!!! She sets personal goals for herself to improve in the ways that she can. She makes of a list of things that make her happy and things she has to be thankful. WHAT THE HECK?!?! She must be an angel because seriously no one is that good. It made me realize how very much I really do have to be thankful for. She had also written down a sort of bucket things of things she wanted to do in her life. Number one? See Mom... I can see my mom all the time and do I thank my Heavenly Father for that? Nope... And yet she does find things to be thankful for and to find joy in. It was a horrible read and made me sick for the first couple of days I read it because it took me awhile to get to the good stuff.... but seriously her story and her example has really made me rethink a lot of my selfish tendencies. If she can think of things to be thankful for, then I should certainly be able to!!!!!!! Just thought I would share and encourage everyone reading to realize how much they have to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment