Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Couch Potatoe to 5K

Ok the actual name should be Couch to 5K but I think couch potatoe sounds awesomer. Lol. So my beautiful sister Lisa conned me into running a 5K with her. Actually she guilt triped me into convincing myself to do it. I've decided that weight loss goals don't work for me. Its hard to say ok I will lose ___ amount of weight by ____ because... well thats just hard! So what I've decided to do is to run a 5K in November. It gives me PLENTY of time to train so that when I slip up and don't train for a week (I say when and I mean when) I can still get back into it and run the 5K.

This is week one of training. I'm feeling pretty good about it. Week one and two consist of three 20 minute work outs. They begin with 5minutes of warm up and end with 5 minutes of cooldown. The middle part is a sequence of running for 60seconds and walking for 90seconds.

I run at the gym because its a ton easier to keep track of time on a tredmill. Also the later weeks have you go a certain distance and there's no way I'm going to take the time to mark out distances around my neighborhood. I will admit I feel kind of silling turning the tredmill faster and slower in such quick sequence but I feel silly at the gym anyway.

So just thought I would update everyone on my new training/healthy life style goals. Hopefully this is the beginning to a long running career for me. I'd like to eventually run a marathon and a triathlon. Eventually being the key word.

Also for those of you that don't know, I bought a new car. Pictures will be coming at some point. It is currently snowing here (yes its May 19th) and my car covered in snow isn't that exciting.

Have a great day everyone! Find a reason to smile today and share it with me. I've momentarily forgotten all mine.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I was wanting to recommend a book - A course in weight loss by Marianne Williamson. Now - don't take my reccomendation the wrong way, Ive just noticed you have mentioned you efforts to loose weight a few times and thought you may benefit from the book, it's a little awkward recomending a book with the title 'weight loss' lol so don't take offence. It is an amazing read weather you are doing for weight loss or for personal growth and by reading your blog I think you would really enjoy the book it's self aswell as Marianne's views.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete